Talent Work Visa (Accredited Employer)

This visa is closed unless you have already held this visa, you are reapplying and you are waiting for a residence from work visa or you have been able to return to NZ due to the closed border.

You can only apply for this visa if you have already held a Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa and you either are waiting for a decision on your Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa application, or you worked in the role the visa was issued for, were overseas when the border closed on 19 March 2020, and only returned after 31 October 2021.

This visa will be replaced by the Accredited Employer Work Visa from 4 July 2022.

Related: New Accredited Employer Work Visa (AEWV)


Visa Duration
Visa Duration

30 months

30 months

Age Range
Age Range

55 and under

55 and under

With this visa you can

  • Work in New Zealand for the accredited employer who offers you work.
  • Apply for residence after 2 years of working for an accredited employer.

Things to note

  • You can’t include a partner or dependent children in your work visa application, but they can apply for visas based on their relationship to you.


You must be 55 or under

We’ll use the documents you provide as proof of your identity to confirm your age.

New Zealand job offer

You must have a job offer

Your job offer must:

  • be from an accredited employer
  • be current at the time you apply for your visa
  • be for Glossary forfull-time work
  • be for 2 years or more
  • pay at least NZ $79,560 a year (before tax)
  • be for work that is your employer’s main reason for being in business
  • make your employer responsible for the work that you do.

You must provide a copy of your employment agreement as evidence of your job offer. The employment agreement must include:

  • your employer’s name and contact details
  • your name and contact details
  • your job title
  • the address for your place of work
  • the kind of work you’ll be doing and your responsibilities at work
  • details of any necessary qualifications or work experience
  • information about whether you’ll need New Zealand registration to do the work
  • how long the work will be for
  • how long you have to take up the job offer
  • pay and work conditions that comply with New Zealand employment law.

Occupational registration

You may need New Zealand registration

You must have full or provisional registration, if it’s needed to work in your occupation in New Zealand.

Mohamed Anas Sirajur Raheem

BA (Political Studies), LLB (VUW)

Mohamed is a New Zealand Immigration Consultant with VisaEnvoy and an enrolled Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand.

He is a former New Zealand Immigration Officer (Visa Services) and Border Officer at Auckland International Airport. He has several years of experience working in various Government Departments in New Zealand and has also worked as a Licensed Immigration Adviser at a prominent New Zealand Immigration firm.

His areas of expertise and interest are in the fields of General Skilled Migration, Temporary Work (Long and Short Stay), Business visas, Partner, Parent and Child Visa streams.

Mohamed was inspired to pursue a career in immigration by his own migration experiences. Over the years he has assisted individuals, families, large corporations, Professional sportspeople, and Entertainers (singers, speakers, and actors) to come to New Zealand.

Book appointment

Recent News

Green List and other immigration changes

Employing overseas chefs and median wage threshold

New Zealand’s International Border Reopening Plan

Claiming Points for your Age

Claiming Points for your Partners Recognised Qualifications

Claiming Points for Recognised Qualifications