|LENGTH OF STAY||Up to 30 months on a work visa, and then if your residence application is successful, indefinitely|
55 and under
With this visa you can
- Start your pathway to residence in New Zealand by being actively engaged in your field of art, culture or sport in New Zealand for up to 30 months.
- Apply for residence after 2 years of being actively engaged in your field of art, culture or sport in New Zealand, which if granted, will allow you to live and work in New Zealand indefinitely.
Things to note
- You can’t include a partner or dependent children in your work visa application, but they can apply for visas based on their relationship to you.
- You can include your partner and dependent children in your residence application, after you’ve been actively engaged in your field of talent in New Zealand for 2 years.
You must have exceptional talent in your field of art, sport or culture
You must provide evidence:
- you have an international reputation in your field of art, sport or culture
- you’re still prominent in your field of art, sport or culture
- your presence in New Zealand will enhance New Zealand’s achievements and/or participation in your field of art, sport or culture.
Evidence may include:
- your membership of professional associations
- letters of support or recommendation
- anything else you believe demonstrates your talent.
Support by a New Zealand organisation
You must be supported by a New Zealand organisation of national repute in your field of art, sport or culture
It’s OK for the organisation supporting you to be different from your sponsor.
You must have an acceptable sponsor
Your sponsor can be an individual, an organisation or a government agency. Your sponsor doesn’t have to be the same as your organisation.