New Zealand Work Visa

Thinking of working in New Zealand? Your skills and experience could make a valuable contribution in New Zealand. Depending on your experience and migration goals, New Zealand has many visa options available to choose from.

VisaEnvoy offers professional services to employer and employee with all their visa matters.

Explore your visa options to work

If you have been offered a full-time job, and you have the necessary qualifications and experience to work in that job, you can apply for a temporary visa to work in New Zealand. Your employer must have checked if any New Zealanders were available to do the work, before offering you the job. If you are granted this visa, you may be able to support visa applications for your partner and dependent children.

This visa offers a pathway to New Zealand residence. To apply, you’ll need to have the specified work experience, qualifications and occupational registration to work in an occupation on our Long-Term Skill Shortage List, and an offer for work in that occupation. If you continue working in that occupation in New Zealand for 2 years, you can apply for residence.

This visa is for people who need to come to New Zealand for a specific purpose or event. To apply you’ll need to have skills related to your specific purpose or event and be able to define the time you’ll need to complete your specific purpose or event. Examples of people who may be able to apply include businesspeople on secondments, sports players, professional coaches, specialist installers or services, and Philippines nurses seeking occupational registration.

This visa is for people who are looking for a pathway to live in New Zealand and who have a skill that is needed by a New Zealand accredited employer. If an accredited employer offers you full-time work, you will be able to get a visa to work here. If you continue to work for that employer for 2 years, you will be able to apply to live in New Zealand permanently.

Once you have been in New Zealand for 2 years on a Work to Residence visa, you may be eligible for residence status under the Residence from Work Category.

Working holiday visas are available to young people, usually aged 18 to 30. It lets you travel and work in New Zealand for up to 12 months, or 23 months if you are from the UK or Canada.