55 and under
With this visa you can
- Start your pathway to residence in New Zealand by working for up to 30 months in an occupation for which there is a shortage of New Zealanders available.
- Apply for residence after 2 years of working in an occupation on our Long Term Skill Shortage List.
Things to note
- You can’t include a partner or dependent children in your work visa application, but they can apply for visas based on their relationship to you.
Visa Application Requirements
New Zealand job offer
You must have a job offer for work on our Long Term Skill Shortage List
You must be qualified to do the work you’ve been offered
You must provide:
- original or certified copies of your qualifications
- evidence the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) recognises your qualification.
You must check if your qualification is on the New Zealand Qualifications Agency (NZQA) list of recognised or exempt qualifications. If it’s not on the list, you must provide a report from the NZQA confirming your qualification.
You must have the necessary experience to do the work you’ve been offered
You must provide documents that show:
- the work that you did
- the dates you did the work
- how many hours a week you worked (on average)
- the contact details for your employer or employers
- how your work experience relates to the work you’ve been offered in New Zealand.
This is the fee for Immigration New Zealand to process your application.An immigration levy is payable and is included in the total amount above.
90% of applications are currently completed within this time.
Mohamed Anas Sirajur Raheem
BA (Political Studies), LLB (VUW)
Mohamed is a New Zealand Immigration Consultant with VisaEnvoy and an enrolled Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand.
He is a former New Zealand Immigration Officer (Visa Services) and Border Officer at Auckland International Airport. He has several years of experience working in various Government Departments in New Zealand and has also worked as a Licensed Immigration Adviser at a prominent New Zealand Immigration firm.
His areas of expertise and interest are in the fields of General Skilled Migration, Temporary Work (Long and Short Stay), Business visas, Partner, Parent and Child Visa streams.
Mohamed was inspired to pursue a career in immigration by his own migration experiences. Over the years he has assisted individuals, families, large corporations, Professional sportspeople, and Entertainers (singers, speakers, and actors) to come to New Zealand.